[Zope] crazy result

Dylan Reinhardt zope at dylanreinhardt.com
Wed Dec 3 16:47:06 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-03 at 13:10, Kate Legere wrote:

> ---
> on submit it calls a DTML method named addEntryAction which calls a python
> method 'add'

You could probably just call the python method directly... but anyway.

> # create the document
> context.manage_addProduct['OFSP'].manage_addFile(id,
>                                          title="", file=description)

OK... note that here you're passing description to a constructor, you
aren't creating an attribute called "description".

>                 <b tal:define="pss modules/Products/PythonScripts/standard"
>                  tal:content="python: pss.newline_to_br(item.description)">

There is no description attribute in this object.  You want to *call*
the object if you're looking to have it display its contents.

I'm guessing the reason this appeared to work in DTML is that you still
had the "description" variable in your namespace.  ZPT is not quite so
tolerant.  I'd also be you only tested the DTML version on one upload.
Had you tested on multiple uploads, you probably would have seen that
all objects had the same description property.

HTH,

Dylan