[Zope] I'm still having problems with pyperl installation

Gabriela López Ruiz glopezruiz at msn.com
Thu Dec 4 09:19:50 EST 2003

I’m trying to install pyperl in my Zope Platform on Window 2000, but I'm
still having some problems. I had to download a nmake.exe program from
Internet because I didn’t have one. I have created de Makefile and then
executed the nmake install command, but when I execute this command the
following error displays on my screen:

        cl -c  -I"g:\Progra~1\python\include"  -nologo -Gf -W3 -MD -Zi
-DNDEBUG
-O1 -DWIN32 -D_CONSOLE -DNO_STRICT -DHAVE_DES_FCRYPT -DPERL_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT
-DP
ERL_IMPLICIT_SYS -DUSE_PERLIO -DPERL_MSVCRT_READFIX -MD -Zi -DNDEBUG -O1
-DVE
RSION=\"1.00\"  -DXS_VERSION=\"1.00\"  "-IC:\Progra~1\Active~1\lib\CORE"
-DMULT
I_PERL Object.c
'cl' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\WINNT\system32\cmd.exe' : return code '0x1'
Stop.

I don’t know what is that cl.exe command, I think I need it to compile the
Makefile and I don’t know where to download it from.
Perhaps some of you have experienced this problem before and can help me.
Thanks in advance.
Gabriela.