[Zope] RedHat Alternative...

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Thu Dec 4 15:13:29 EST 2003

On Thursday 04 December 2003 01:52 pm, kittonian wrote:
> I run Zope on the Debian platform and I can honestly tell you that Debian is
> always the way to go for the most stable and secure Linux systems.  At least
> IMHO it is.  No flaming please :) LOL!

Do you run with the Debian "zope" package, or one installed from source?

I've been doing the latter for some time. The Debian "zope" package seems
really non-standard to me (probably in the interest of preserving FHS).  I find
that really disconcerting, and have not tried to really understand how the
Debian installation is setup.

Actually this is my development machine I'm thinking of -- my production
site runs on FreeBSD (but I didn't pick that).

Cheers,
Terry