[Zope] problems with tests in Zope/CMF

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sat Dec 6 13:48:37 EST 2003

Pascal Poizat wrote at 2003-12-5 18:13 +0100:
> ... CMF tests ...
>3 - CMF
>
>With comparison with python and Zope, a very newbie-friendly install
>process :
>mv CMF-1.4.2/CMF* $ZOPE/lib/python/Products
>mv CMF-1.4.2/DCWorkflow $ZOPE/lib/python/Products
>
>All seem ok under the ZMI but ... I decide to go for some tests to be
>sure (I must be a masochist person ;)) )
>
>cd $ZOPE
>bin/testrunner.py -a -q -d $ZOPE/lib/python/Products
>... (yes : VERY VERY long)
>-> result ? 5833 tests (ok there is the CMF installed now)
>but : 225 errors + 3 failures !!
>(and lots of deprecation warnings)

You have tested all installed products and not only CMF...

Today, I run the CMF tests for Zope 2.8.

  There have been a few (about 40) errors and failures.

  Some were Python 2.3 related (you can no longer call
  an argument of a Python Script "container", "context" etc).

  Some were bugs in the test suite.

  Some were Zope 2.8 incompatibilities.

  Two indicated true bugs in my CMF 1.4.1 (related to
  modification of ".security" files after the objects have been
  accessed -- such modifications are not seen in the
  development mode until the object is changed).

You find a patch for the problems I found in "zope-dev at zope.org".

--
Dieter