[Zope] A question on how external methods reference modules

Goldthwaite, Joe joe at goldthwaites.com
Sat Dec 6 17:13:02 EST 2003

I basically created two modules. In module1.py I have my stub function that
chains to module2.py.

module1.py

   import module2

   def ReturnData():
      """Return some test data"""
      return module2.GetTheData()

module2.py

   def GetTheData():
      """Return the actual data"""
      return """the actual data"""

I can run this in python and an error that 'module2' wasn't found so I had to append it's
path using the sys.path.append function.  Now I'm not getting an error so I
think it's finding module2 but it doesn't seem to be finding the function.
I'm confused.  Can anyone explain what's going on?

As a second part of the question, will this allow me to modify the external
modules without re-loading them into Zope?