[Zope] Incorporating a Python module for script use

Brian Sullivan brians at meetingbywire.com
Sun Dec 7 12:00:05 EST 2003

I must be missing something obvious but I am at a loss for what it is.

I am attempting to include a Python module ( the module at
http://python-dsv.sourceforge.net/) in my Zope 2.6.2 Win2000 site so
that it can be used by Zope python scripts.

I have been following ( at least as far as I can tell) the
instructions provided in the "README.txt" of the "PythonScripts"
product at "lib/python/Products/PythonScripts/", namely to create a
new Product directory, add the module, and an "__init__.py" file
according to the instructions, restart the server.

All appears well there. I then attempt to import the module in a
Python script( which appears to work). My first attempt to use it
though results in authentication requests and eventually ( after using
correct authentication for the admin) the following message:

"System Unavailable
This site is currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please
contact the site administrator for more information. For additional
technical information, please refer to the HTML source for this page.
Thank you for your patience.

 Error type:  Unauthorized
 Error value: The container has no security assertions.  Access to
'organizeIntoLines' of (module 'DSV.DSV' from
'F:\WEBSIT~1\lib\python\Products\DSV\DSV.py') denied."

I am guessing it is something simple I have overlooked but I am not
sure where to go next.