[Zope] Redirecting to an "under construction" page

Paul Howell paul at smoothstone.com
Tue Dec 9 12:18:56 EST 2003

At 11:01 AM 12/9/2003, Gilles Lenfant wrote:
>Hi,
>I need all URLs of a Zope site to be temporarily redirected to an "under
>construction" page.
>http://www.foo.com/any/path?any=query
>-->
>http://www.foo.com/underconstruction_html

1. Use VirtualHostMonster to point www.foo.com domain traffic to a
different folder within Zope.  Works well on naked Zope if you use the
mapping settings.
2. Rewrite the URLs for www.foo.com in your Apache directives if you run
Zope behind Apache.
3. In designing your site, consider using a common header file that every
page aquires... use it when you need to add something (like a redirect)
across your whole site.  In the old days this might be <dtml-var
standard_html_header>.

I like #1 and #2 better overall - point traffic away from your site, and
create subdomain test.foo.com for your development purposes.  Then when
it's ready, repoint foo.com and www.foo.com toward the materials you have
finished.

=Paul