[Zope] Programmatically managing SOAPMethod objects within ZClasses

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Dec 9 14:20:48 EST 2003

Kirk Strauser wrote at 2003-12-9 10:01 -0600:
>I'm developing a ZClass that uses SOAPMethod objects to make calls on a
>remote server.  The goal I'm trying to accomplish is to give end users a
>form where they can set the remote hostname and port to connect to for
>all SOAPMethods in the ZClass.  The problem I'm running into is figuring
>out how to call each object's "manage_edit" method; frankly, I'm lost to
>the point that I have no inkling of where to begin.

When you have a ZClass with methods, than these "methods"
are class methods! Any change to them is seen
by all instances of the class.
I doubt that you want this.

When you really want it, you can use "instance.method.manage_edit(...)"
(at least, I expect it to work).

>I *could* modify the SOAPMethod's source to look at my class's
>propertysheets, but that seems to go against the general OOP-ness of Zope.

You may need an adapter, that reads the property sheet and
than calls a method with appropriate arguments.

--
Dieter