[Zope] zcatalog documentation

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Dec 9 14:09:14 EST 2003

Richard Jennings wrote at 2003-12-8 21:34 +0100:
>Worse, I can't clear the error without deleting the directory in which the object
>resides.  I am using zope 2.6.1 with python 2.1.3
>
>    def _userFullNameGet(self):
>        ro = self.ssDirectory.users({'e_pnum': 'S.141.int'})
>        uo = ro[0].getObject()
>        return
>
>Error Type: SystemError
>Error Value: Failed to import class mybrains from module Products.ZCatalog.Catalog

Remember!

  Whenever you report an error, include the traceback (together
  with the information your provided above!).

Apparently, you have been able to catalog a "mybrains" instance.
"mybrains" instances cannot be unpickled (deserialized)
as the class "mybrains" is locally defined inside a function.
Therefore, they must not be made persistent or used as or in attributes
of a persistent object.

--
Dieter