[Zope] CoreBlog

J Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Tue Dec 9 17:42:21 EST 2003

Kate Legere wrote:

>I'm setting up a blog now and all appears to be fine. I'd like to make a
>change to the interface though so that:
>
>The user clicks a link on the index page which takes them to:
>blog/manage_addEntryForm  (no problems here)
>
>Then when they add the entry it DOESN'T take them to manage_workspace but
>back to the index page.
>
>However, I don't see to be able to find the source page for the
>manage_addEntryForm so that I can put it in. Does anyone know where this
>page is 'kept'?

That's an attribute on the Product which has some sort of template
object. Usually this gets its source from a file of similar name in a
subdirectory in the Product (dtml, www, zpt, et al.) The sure way to
find out is to read the source and find where and how
'manage_addEntryForm' is defined. It'll probably look something like::

   manage_addEntryForm = DTMLFile('dtml/addEntryForm')

There are a number of other permutations.

Often the eventual destination of a form submission is decided by the
method it submits to, by way of a redirect or return of a template, so
you may have to change the behaviour there rather than in the template.

       --jcc

--
"Code generators follow the 80/20 rule. They solve most of the problems, but not all of the problems. There are always features and edge cases that will need hand-coding. Even if code generation could build 100 percent of the application, there will still be an endless supply of boring meetings about feature design."
(http://www.devx.com/java/editorial/15511)