[Zope] Zope import PythonScript.standard unauthorized

Lucas Branca danix3 at libero.it
Thu Dec 11 14:35:32 EST 2003

Hi,

I've just insalled Zope to test a web application by thirdy part ....
well .... it's very embarrassing  cause I'm not able to
see it to work because of Zope ..... (yeah... I'm really newbie :( )

I found out that the problem is in Products/PythonScript permission.
To test them,  in the ZMI, I created this script and then I tested it

 TEST SCRIPT
# Example code:
from Products.PythonScripts.standard import html_quote, urlencode
return 1

TEST OUTPUT

Error Type: ImportError
Error Value: import of "urlencode" from "Products.PythonScripts.standard" is
unauthorized

In Zope Bible  they say there is a trick to escape this control
using "External Methods", but it should be another way
because the application I have to test doesn't use them at all ...

any useful suggestion ..........?

I'm using on Debian Woody
Zope  =  Zope 2.5.1
Python=  2.1.3