[Zope] starting zope in bsd

David Bear David.Bear at asu.edu
Thu Dec 11 20:20:26 EST 2003

the more I think I know the less I really do.. sorry about this but
I've confused myself

I want to run zope as user www.

so in the start script I use "-u www".

If I am root and run ./start &
zope barfs on me and gives me the message that I need to read the
setuid.txt file... okay.  (I chowned all zope files to www:www)
But I don't want to run zope as root, and zope won't listen on
port 80.. so, back to running zope as user www.

I can su to user www, run zope and all is well.  terrific.  Now I want
to put a startup script in /usr/local/etc/rc.d.  So now I'm back to
starting zope as root again right?  How can I get the startup scripts
to launch zope as user 'www'?

I'm using freebsd and zope 2.6.?  latest.
--
David Bear
phone: 	480-965-8257