[Zope] Downloading Result Files.... ?

J. Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Fri Dec 12 14:59:20 EST 2003

Nathan Einwechter wrote:

> I'm a relatively new developer with Zope/Python and have very little
> experience with DTML to date.
>
> My application is a search mechanism which returns a list of files
> into a select box for use to display the contents of each file. I want
> to be able to add a second button which allows the user to save ALL of
> the resulting files to a user specified local folder.

> I have been searching all over the net for a solution to this problem,
> but can not find anything as yet. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I don't think you can make HTTP work this way, but feel free to show me
somewhere this works to prove me wrong.

MIME multi-part works for email, but I don't know about HTTP. I suppose
you could try something with Javascript, but how I cannot say. (I am
allergic to javascript.) But this would probably only be able to push
several single files at one time.

The best alternative probably is to archive them all and send that file.

          --jcc

--
"My point and period will be throughly wrought,
Or well or ill, as this day's battle's fought."