[Zope] IVR and Zope

Rob Page rob.page at zope.com
Sat Dec 13 10:43:04 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-12-12 at 11:08, Gilles Lenfant wrote:
> Any experience around on an IVR (voice server for phone) using Zope
> based logic and voice media ?
>
> I've no experience in that field and dunno where how to start
> investigating on that problem.
>
> Many thanks in advance for any hint and pointer.

You might take a look at Asterisk (an open source PBX for Linux):

 - http://www.asterisk.org/

Very active community, stable versions and active development!  :^)
Extensible/remotely controllable via something akin to CGI and using a
command-passing syntax over TCP sockets.

It's apparently easy to extend already with Perl and MySQL.  We have an
RFP out for a pilot deployment at Zope Corp:

 - http://www.zope.com/AsteriskRFP

One of the likely bidders is thinking of a building a Zope UI over the
config and provisioning files!

--Rob

--
Rob Page                V: 540.361.1710