[Zope] Zope instance question

J Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Tue Dec 16 18:18:35 EST 2003

Sean Duffy wrote:

>How would I go about running 3 separate zope instances from a single install with three instance directories in /var/zope-sites?
>
>I am not using Apache and installed wo_pcgi.py
>
>I can start the primary zope install w/o problems, so I know it works.
>
>However I can't seem to point to the instance anywhere in the startup scripts.
>
>I'm beginning to suspect that running multiple instances is a w_pcgi/Apache thing,
>and hoping that's not the case.

In pre-2.7 Zope you'll have to edit the scripts to set INSTANCE_HOME
appropriately or do so in your environment before running the scripts.

Often this is all you need::

INSTANCE_HOME=/usr/local/zope/instance
export INSTANCE_HOME

I sometimes use `pwd` instead if I have a lot of instances. If you do
this you can even use just one script as long as you call it always in
the instance directory.

Make sure you set different ports or it'll never work.

          --jcc

--
"Code generators follow the 80/20 rule. They solve most of the problems, but not all of the problems. There are always features and edge cases that will need hand-coding. Even if code generation could build 100 percent of the application, there will still be an endless supply of boring meetings about feature design."
(http://www.devx.com/java/editorial/15511)