[Zope] MySQL Threading

Ralph vd Houdt ralph at ezcompany.nl
Wed Dec 17 09:35:38 EST 2003

Hi All,

I'm currently writing an application in which an report-page is based on a
heavy SQL query. The query runs about 15 seconds (the result will be stored
in a session). For this reason I want to create a waiting page which checks
if the SQL query has finished running. Does anybody know if I can run the
SQL query in a separate thread and redirect to the report-page when the
query has finished (by polling the thread). The results will be read from
the session and used in the report-page.

Any clues?

Greetings Ralph