[Zope] absolute_url error while creating "Whats New" tab

Gautam Saha gsaha at imsa.edu
Wed Dec 17 10:44:29 EST 2003

Hi Zopers:

There is code in ZopeLabs cookbook on how to create a
"What's New" tab,
URL:http://www.zopelabs.com/cookbook/1042822744

I tried the code by JCLawrence(found at the bottom part of that
page) with "Using for main content" and most part it worked OK,
except I am not able to link ("More" link) each item with
the "href resultObject/absolute_url" tal attribute.

I am getting a Site error:

This site encountered an error trying to fulfill your request.
The errors were:
Error Details
Error Type
AttributeError
Error Value
'None' object has no attribute 'absolute_url'

If I comment the line(s):

translate="read_more">
 Read More
 </a>

Then it renders all the "Newly changed or created items", but
there is no "More" link, so I can not access the contents of the items.

My whats_new.pt file is in the dir:
zope/Products/CMFPlone-1.0/CMFPlone/skins/plone_templates

I am a newbie in Zope/Plone, so need some help to debug this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Gautam

---------------  Here is the what I get without the "More" link ---

  What's New

Newly changed or created items:
News Item Posted by gsaha - Last Updated: 2003-12-16

    This a test News item by GSaha

How to setup search History

Document Posted by gsaha - Last Updated: 2003-12-11

    MM List page from Lora

(No Description)