[Zope] MySQL Threading

Jim Kutter jim at ebizq.net
Wed Dec 17 11:28:37 EST 2003

I don't think threads are the answer here. I think what most people do
is load a page with an animated gif that animates a waiting icon or
something, and that page then calls (via JS or something I guess, I
don't know if a response.redirect call would work there) another page
which does the heavy lifting. Then the browser sits and waits for the
queries to finish, and when they do, it loads the new page.

No threads, no fuss :)

Please note though that I've been meaning to try this, so my suggestion
has yet to be tested... ;)

-jim