[Zope] Location and Status Bars

Dennis Allison allison at sumeru.stanford.EDU
Wed Dec 17 20:08:58 EST 2003

Lots of information gets displayed by the location and status bars of a
zope system user's system.  In some instances it presents a privacy or
security issue.  I'd like to turn them off, force them to blanks, or
whatever's necessary to make them bland and uninteresting.

I've seen this topic come up occasionally, but a quick Google did not turn
up anything relevant.  You can use Javascript to write stuff into the
status bar.  And you can open a window without a status bar and a
locsation bar using window.open() in Javascript, but I have not seen
any comments suggesting a global solution.

Any thoughts, hints, etc?