[Zope] libxml2 help

Steve Lenti slenti at abqpubco.com
Mon Dec 22 18:08:37 EST 2003

I am trying to parse xml with libxml2.  I have DTML Docs in a Zcatalog
that are xml formatted.  I am trying to use a python script to display
the xmls using the xpath function of libxml2.  The problem I am having
is that in the Results method I have this.

<dtml-var expr="parseXML(legal=getobject(data_record_id_))">

the problem is that when the content of this variable gets sent
to my parseXML python script all the xml tags get replaced with the html
encoded versions of the tags ( ie. < and > get replaced with &lt; and
&gt; ) I'm not calling the html_quote function so I don't understand why
it is replacing the tags.

Does anyone know of a way to pass this varible as raw data??

TIA!
--
Steve Lenti
Systems Analyst

Do nothing unless you must, and when you must act -- hesitate.