[Zope] Zope as a desktop CMS?

Frederic Faure ffaure at bigfoot.com
Wed Dec 24 06:20:57 EST 2003

At 06:41 24/12/2003 +0000, garry saddington wrote:
>Boa Constructor has a zope editing feature with syntax highlighting and
>can  add most zope objects in its own IDE.

Thx Garry for the tip :-)

Gee, took me a good ten minutes to figure out that you musn't right-click
on the the Zope item in the Transport node of the tree in Boa's Explorer,
but rather  right-click anywhere in the right-hand pane, and hit New to
create a new connection, and edit username + password + hostname.

Still, asking a non-techie to set up Zope + Python + wxPython + Boa is ...
problematic. Anything more than running the Zope installer and a small
WYSIWYG editor is likely too much to ask.

How do non-techie users add contents? Structured text through Plone? A
webDAV-capable WYSIWYG HTML editor like DreamWeaver? Other tools I should
know about?

Ideally, the solution is a single EXE with a true WYSIWY HTML editor
capable of connecting to a Zope server through the XMLRPC protocol. Is
anyone working of this?

Thank you :-)
Fred.