[Zope] Dynamic Metafile for All Players (Using MP3)

Marc Lindahl marc at bowery.com
Wed Dec 24 11:37:57 EST 2003

Did you take a look at my Audio product
(http://www.zope.org/Members/bowerymarc)?

I looked at your site but don't see any code so I don't see what your
approach is.  Why don't you put some text files up there with the code,
or a wiki or something?  My approach was to use a pair of generic tags
(e.g. EMBED), which then uses whatever default audio 'viewer' you have
set up.  Seems to work the best in my tests.

I think someone may have made an 'external file' version of Audio, but
I wouldn't recommend it (zope is an http server, the protocol isn't
designed for streaming) - the only thing that really makes sense is if
you have a streaming server and set up a link to it (which I have in my
product) in which case your stored audio would probably be a snippet.

Right now Audio only decodes id3v1 tags, but I'm hoping to update it in
a few weeks (unless someone else wants to do it!)