[Zope] Re: I'm clumsy with XML-RPC.

Kyler Laird Kyler at Lairds.com
Fri Dec 26 09:16:35 EST 2003

> xml-rpc doesn't accept named parameters, only positional ones. Once
> you know this then the behaviour you see makes perfect sense.

I gathered that much.  That's why I switched to sending a dictionary as
the first parameter.  It's not the behavior of XML-RPC that bothered me.

I was hoping that Zope would do something smart with the dictionary
instead of just passing it as the first parameter.  (Meerkat appears to
handle this reasonably.)  As it is, users must change their (non-trivial)
scripts to work with XML-RPC.  Zope is (otherwise) too elegant for me to
suggest that.

For now it appears that straight HTTP is the right approach to take.  I
can imagine that I'll run in to problems with this and someday I might
want to modify the XML-RPC interface to Zope.

--kyler