[Zope] Re: I'm clumsy with XML-RPC.

Kyler Laird Kyler at Lairds.com
Fri Dec 26 13:13:37 EST 2003

On Fri, Dec 26, 2003 at 08:51:28AM -0500, Cameron Laird wrote:

> Short answer:  don't hesitate to use straight HTTP
> for communications.  RPC, and XML-RPC in particular,
> is *supposed* to be about clean and easy programma-
> bility, but it just doesn't live up to the promise.
> At this point, I see little motivation in being a
> pioneer at doing what's necessary to make it useful
> in, for example, Zope.

I took your advice...for awhile.  There are a lot of things I've been
planning to do with XML-RPC and rethinking those with only plain HTTP
interfaces was frustrating me so I started poking around in Zope.

It only took a few minutes to modify HTTPRequest.py to parse the
arguments just as it does for plain HTTP requests.  I let it simmer
while I took a walk and I still like the idea.  I think it'll be worth
using a fork to be able to use a much cleaner interface.

--kyler