[Zope] Plone & ActivePython 2.2 on Win32

Samir Mishra SamirMishra@cbuae.gov.ae
Sun, 2 Feb 2003 10:20:27 +0400

Morning all,

I'm not sure if this is the place for this question, if not, please could
someone direct me to the right place? I've only just installed Zope using
the Plone installer, so I'm fairly new at this.

I'm evaluating Zope for our org, been going through the Zope Book, and thus
far I'm impressed.

But, as is usually the case, I have a couple of question. And some problems.

I have ActivePython 2.2.2 installed on WinXP. After installing Zope/Plone,
the Plone controller is unable to start the service. It "sees" python22.dll,
and the path to Python 2.2.2, and gives the corresponding error. I've
removed python22.dll as well as other python related dlls from the system
folder, but it doesn't seem to help. I also deleted all python related
environment variables. Also, Python 2.2.2 is not on my path.

Right now I'm running the service from the command line.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards,
Samir Mishra