[Zope] Permissions - Tutorial

Samir Mishra SamirMishra@cbuae.gov.ae
Sun, 2 Feb 2003 12:10:41 +0400

I think I figured out part of the problem. I created a user at root and
defined a local role of Manager for the tutorial. That seems to work. How do
I get Anonymous to show up in the list of users? Or rather, can I?

Is there a better way of doing this?

Thanks.
Samir.

-----Original Message-----
From: Samir Mishra [mailto:SamirMishra@cbuae.gov.ae]
Sent: Sunday, February 02, 2003 11:50
To: 'zope@zope.org'
Subject: [Zope] Permissions - Tutorial

I'm having a busy day posting to this group. Apologies for being a bother...

I installed the Zope Tutorial as root manager. Now I'm trying to specify
permissions so that anyone (i.e., Anonymous) can access/modify the tutorial.
How do I specify permissions to achieve this?

Ideally, what I'd like to have is that when a user tries to access the
tutorial, they are required to authenticate themselves. If they don't have a
username on the system, they are allowed to create a username for
themselves, but ONLY if they belong to a particular domain (or have an IP
address in a given range). Once the user authenticates him/herself, they get
the Manager role for the tutorial.

Again, being a new user of Zope, the second part is probably well beyond me.
But I feel it'll help me learn faster.

Thanks.

Samir.