[Zope] Deleted acl_user

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 20:32:21 +0100

baiewola@netscape.net wrote at 2003-2-3 11:30 -0500:
 > All of my users are defined at the root level. One of them did a lot of work on my site and has local roles and owned objects all over the place. I deleted him from the acl_users.
 >
 > My question is, can he still access everything for which he has a local role? Or does the act of removing him from acl_users make all his local roles irrelevant?
No.

*BUT* the objects he owned may no longer work as before.

   This is because the effective permissions an object
   is executed with is the intersection of the owners permissions
   and that of the current users permissions.

   After you deleted the user, he no longer has any permissions.
   His former objects can only access methods accessible by
   "Anonymous".

   If you do not like this, you must reassign ownership
   for the respective objects.

Dieter