[Zope] DateTime - Date format problems

James Davies jamesd@mena.org.au
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 22:40:16 +1000

I believe I have discovered a link between the DateTime module and and
stress related heart failure. After many annoying timezone related bugs
(AEST != US/Eastern, despite pythons evil attempts to thwart me), I am
down to one last major problem.

I have a Plone/Zope based website, and need users to be able to enter
dates in the format DD/MM/YYYY. DateTime has deciced to make my life
interesting by deciding that it will sometimes use that format, and
other times use MM/DD/YYYY.

Is there a way to force DateTime to always use DD/MM/YYYY no matter
how much it's feindish algorithm decides different? (strftime isnt an
option either- I need to get it into the DateTime object correctly in
the first place)