[Zope] checking existance of an url?

Michael Long mlong@datalong.com
Tue, 04 Feb 2003 08:57:41 -0500

According to the zope book 2.6 you can also check for the existence of
an object with the following python script, where "updateInfo" is the
object you are looking for:

updateInfo = getattr(context, "updateInfo", None)
if updateInfo is not None:
    updateInfo(color="brown", pattern="spotted")
else:
    # complain about missing script

hth,
Mike

> On Mon, 03 Feb 2003 17:56:03 +0100
> "Stefan H. Holek" <stefan@epy.co.at> wrote:
>
> > I believe you are looking for 'restrictedTraverse'
> >
> > Stefan
> >

> I don't know, do I?
> Just kidding, I already looked at restrictedTraverse, but it sais that
you traverse the path from the object on which the method was called.
This sounds like path would have to be a relative path and not a full
URL. What I have is the full URL like http://...
> OK, I could lea the protocol and the server which would leave an
absolute path. But I would have to convert that to a relative path
right? Actually I was trying to get around converting the absolute path
to a relative path, but that doesn't seem possible.