[Zope] Volatile variables Problem

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Wed, 05 Feb 2003 15:15:56 +0100

Antonio Beamud Montero wrote:
> Hi all:
> Well, i have a serious problem... I have defined a variable inside my
> product that I refresh periodically via XML-RPC (every ~1 min). I need
> to maintain this variable volatile because ZODB grows to the infinite...
> The problem arises when a new conection is established an the variable
> value need to be shown. In some cases the query raises an
> AttributeException. Now I catch this exception, but this no solves my
> problem...
> Why the value of this variable is lost?

Since nobody responded till now, here are my 5c.
Volatile attributes are only guaranted to exist as long a transaction
AFAIK, OTOH they are also not guaranted to _not_ exist longer, which
might explain that you don't see this failure everytime.

So, I fear volatile attributes can't help you here.

 > How I can solve the problem?

Hmm, an external method which stores the values in a file? A external
database? The sessioning stuff?

Sorry, I have no really good idea there, maybe it helps if you explain
what you want to do in more detail ...

cheers,
oliver