[Zope] Volatile variables Problem

Antonio Beamud Montero antonio.beamud@agora-2000.com
05 Feb 2003 15:38:48 +0100

El mi=E9, 05-02-2003 a las 15:15, Oliver Bleutgen escribi=F3:
> Antonio Beamud Montero wrote:
> > Hi all:
> Since nobody responded till now, here are my 5c.
> Volatile attributes are only guaranted to exist as long a transaction=20
> AFAIK, OTOH they are also not guaranted to _not_ exist longer, which=20
> might explain that you don't see this failure everytime.
>=20
> So, I fear volatile attributes can't help you here.

Ok.

>=20
>  > How I can solve the problem?
>=20
> Hmm, an external method which stores the values in a file? A external=20
> database? The sessioning stuff?
>=20
> Sorry, I have no really good idea there, maybe it helps if you explain=20
> what you want to do in more detail ...

Can Gadfly be my solution? really the only value I save is the status of
some machines that I'm monitoring... I have an external daemon than
obtains the machine status and update this volatile variables to
rendering in dtml...=20

How I can configure ZODB to only maintains one or two last object states
and not grows to the infinite..?

A lot of thanks
--=20
Microsoft merges technologies:=20
Windows CE + Windows ME + Windows NT =3D Windows CEMENT

----
Antonio Beamud Montero
Agora Systems S.A.

http://www.agoratechnologies.com