[Zope] RDFSummary problem

Reinoud van Leeuwen reinoud.v@n.leeuwen.net
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 15:54:45 +0100

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 03:48:16PM +0100, Zanotti Michele wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm using Eionet's RDFSummary. I have Zope 2.6 on win2kpro, and my lan has a
> MS proxy server with authentication. If I start Zope with the start.bat I
> can connect, for example, to this page:
> http://www.polare.com/news/HPE/xml/feeds/86/186.xml, but if I start Zope as
> service, when I try to connect to the same RSS url, I have this error:
> Error Type: URLError
> URLError: <urlopen error (10061, 'Connection refused')>
> Can anyone explain this?
> Thanks,
>  Michele

Usually, a service on Windows (NT/2000/XP) runs under another userid that
the user that is logged on on the desktop. Which userid is running the
service? Does that user have access to the network?

(tip: try running the service as adminstrator to test this kind of
problems, but switch back to a more privileged user in production
environments)

"Nothing is as subjective as reality"
Reinoud van Leeuwen    reinoud.v@n.leeuwen.net
http://www.xs4all.nl/~reinoud