[Zope] REQUEST variable is not being modified by Zope Python script

Asad Habib ahabib1357@yahoo.com
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 09:26:55 -0800 (PST)

Hello. I am calling a Python script called
'incrementCounter' from a DTML Document and passing a
variable to it called 'counter'. However, for some
reason the value of this variable remains unchanged
when control returns to the DTML method. I tested the
Python script independently via the management
interface and it works fine. The code for both the
document and script is listed below. Any help would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks.

<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('rowLength', 6)">
<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('counter', 0)" >

<dtml-in expr="aq_parent.objectValues(['Local File
System'])" prefix="fileObject" sort="id"
skip_unauthorized>

    <dtml-if "AUTHENTICATED_USER.has_role(['Local',
'Manager'], this())">
"getId()">">#<dtml-var "getId()"></a>
          <dtml-call
expr="incrementRowLength(counter)" -->