[Zope] Newbie: Creating PDF Documents on the fly in Zope

Jerome Alet alet@librelogiciel.com
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 10:40:06 +0100

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 09:29:22AM +0000, Ashley Lloyd wrote:

> I have a few pages in Zope generating info gained from an Interbase DB. The
> pages are fine, except we also want a user to be able to click a button on
> these pages and generate a PDF document for printing, looking pretty much
> the same but with all the necessary page breaks and associated
> headers/footers.

I suggest you download ReportLab from http://www.reportlab.com

It includes a demo to create PDF documents from a Zope
External Method.

Alternatively you can use Dirk Datzert's ZRenderPM (IIRC) Zope Product
which uses ReportLab but is higher level than the demo I talk above.

bye,

Jerome Alet