[ADMIN] Plea for sanity (was:Re: [Zope] Re: full-text retrieval app)

Fri, 07 Feb 2003 00:45:46 +1100

>>> Ed Leafe wrote
> 	If someone posts a question, how do you know if they have received an
> answer yet? I would say that for questions I've posted, well over half
> of the replies were off-list. Many of those times, someone had already
> answered me; the second poster could have saved their time if they knew
> that an answer was already given.

Look, the simple answer to this is that all decent mail reading software
gives you the choice to either reply directly to the poster, or to the
poster and the list, or to the list. Who are you to say "no, you must
reply to the list", and to make the mailing list software mangle headers
in an attempt to make this happen?

Anthony.