[Zope] Having problems with the umlauts in Zope 2.6.0

Josef Meile jmeile@hotmail.com
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 15:29:33 +0100

> I run 2.6.1 beta 2 (actually the current CVS 2.6-branch) in production,
> because I had much trouble with 2.6.0 and "german umlaute". 2.6.1b2
> works without problems... as far as I can see...:)

I've already installed the 2.6.1b2, but I'm still having the
problem with the umlauts. I'll give you some more detail:

I've two objects to represent a project proposal (ProjectProposal)
and a started project (StartedProposal). Users can create new
proposals. This proposals can be taken by one or two students. When
this happens, the owner of the proposal will convert it into a started
proposal. The system will create a new StartedProposal object with
the values of the old object, which will be deleted. Finally the user will
be asked to write the name of the students and/or edit the old attributes.

The problem is that if the name of the students contain an umlaut,
you will see strange characters on its place. However, if you edit
this object a second time, the strange characters will be gone. This
worked before in zope 2.5.1, but with 2.6.1b2 it doesn't. What could
be wrong? I've already set my unicode "latin-1" in sitecustomize.py

Thanks,
Josef