[Zope] Re: [ADMIN] Plea for sanity (was:Re: Re: full-text retrieval app)

Rob Boyd boydrobh@yahoo.com
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 08:26:58 -0800 (PST)

--- baiewola@netscape.net wrote:
> Just to provide another perspective...
>
> Most of the other lists I participate in ask that
> you respond personally to the individual who sent
> the original email. That person is supposed to
> summarize responses back to the group. This
> significantly decreases the volume of email traffic
> going to everyone... but it won't work if you have a
> lot of lazy people on the list who don't like to
> summarize.

Or people who subscribe to lots of lists and have
full-time jobs that don't include being a human
mailing list.  I mean, what are message threads for?
If everyone posts to the list, a person can quickly
scan through a topic to see the responses.  Relying on
the indidual recipients to summarize the replies (best
replies? all replies? what's not pertinent to him may
be pertinent to another list member)?  I prefer a
collaborative model - all can see what all have
contributed.  And my 2 cents is: I prefer 'reply to
list' to be default.

Rob Boyd