[Zope] Permissions for manage_delObject

Edward Pollard pollej@uleth.ca
Fri, 07 Feb 2003 11:30:14 -0700

I don't even know where to start with this problem.

I have a folder in zope. In it are a bunch of subfolders with webpages,
and scripts to run some web interface tools we are developing. The tools
are run in each of the subfolders using inheritance.

eg.
/www/webManager (web interface to the file system)
/www/deleteFiles (script to delete files)
/www/finance/ (finance pages go here)
/www/it/ (info tech pages go here)

Now, it used to work just fine. Then something breaks.

What Doesn't Work:
I go to /www/it/webManager. Select some files to delete. Click delete.
/www/it/deleteFiles is called. I get a login prompt, but no accout is
accepted. Even my "god" account with Manager/Owner at Root.

Error Type: Unauthorized
Error Value: You are not allowed to access manage_delObjects in this