[Zope] Accessing values passed via a HTML form using the form attribute of the REQUEST object

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 19:56:38 +0100

Asad Habib wrote at 2003-2-7 14:13 -0800:
 > Hello, does anyone know how to use the form attribute
 > of the REQUEST object to access parameters passed via
 > a HTML form from a DTML document to a DTML method?
 > When I try to use the form attribute, Zope flags me
 > with a key error. Any input would be greatly
 > appreciated.

When you describe a problem, you should provide more input...
Minimal info required:

  Error Type, Error Value and Traceback!

  In your case, a bit of code had been helpful, too.

The following should work:

    <dtml-var expr="REQUEST.form.get('yourFormVariable')">

often (when there are no name conflicts), you can also use

    <dtml-var expr="REQUEST.get('yourFormVariable')">

or even

    <dtml-var yourFormVariable>

Dieter