[Zope] <dtml-var> namespace resolution monitoring?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 20:28:19 +0100

Derek Basch wrote at 2003-2-8 14:48 -0800:
 > I am currently working with a large DTML script that
 > someone else wrote and I am stuck.
 >
 > I am trying to determine how a certain <dtml-var foo>
 > is being resolved from the namespace. More precisely,
 > I know that it is not acquiring its value from the
 > 'REQUEST' object (i checked). This leaves two possible
 > sources, a <dtml-in> tag that surrounds 'foo' and
 > through acquisition.
 >
 > Can anyone suggest some strategies for determining
 > where a <dtml-var> is resolving its value from?

You can distinguish the two cases by accessing the variable
outside of the "dtml-in".

  If this gives you either a KeyError or a different result,
  the variable is resolved via the variables defined by "dtml-in".

Dieter