[Zope] Copy objects from ZClass subfolder to instance?

Lars Heber Lars.Heber@t-systems.com
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 10:24:47 +0100

Dieter Maurer wrote:

> Lars Heber wrote at 2003-2-7 11:17 +0100:
>  > I have a ZClass with a subfolder "templates".
>  > On creation of an instance, I'd like to copy all objects from the zClass
>  > templates folder to the instance.
>  >
>  > I could not get it to work, always got an Unauthorized when trying to
>  > access the "templates" folder, although I activated the "Access contents
>  > information" and "Copy or Move" permissions...
> Your ZInstance, too, has the "templates" folder.
> Use it as the copy source.

Thanks for that hint, I already tried this, and it did not work :-(

But now, I've got it, another weird thing on Zope...:

Although there's the new permission "Copy or Move" you nethertheless need the
permission "View management screens" to access "manage_copyObjects"...

I just verified that this not only happens with ZClasses but also with normal
folders.

The old question: feature or bug?
--
Lars Heber

T-Systems GEI GmbH
Hausanschrift: Clausstrasse 3, 09126 Chemnitz
Postanschrift: Clausstrasse 3, 09126 Chemnitz
Telefon : (+49 371) 5359-271
Fax     : (+49 371) 5359-133
E-Mail  : Lars.Heber@t-systems.com
Internet: http://www.t-systems.de