[Zope] Packing Problems

george donnelly list@zettai.net
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 08:17:23 -0500

[beno wrote (zope@thewebsons.com) on 2/10/03 5:52 AM]

> IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
> '/home/httpd/ZopeInstallation/Zope_software_home/var/Data.fs.pack' (Also,
> an error occurred while attempting to render the standard error message.)

This looks like you have a permissions issue in the var directory of your
zope's instance home.

make sure it is owned by the user running zope and that you have the sticky
bit set.

I have saved myself a lot of these issues by running zope under its own
dedicated user and not involving root with zope at all. (I have some sketchy
memories of running zope under root or nobody and getting errors like this.)

for information on the sticky bit see your events.log (there might be a
message about it there) and/or the doc directory of your zope install.

hth

<-->
george donnelly - http://zettai.net/ - "We Love Newbies" :)
Zope Hosting - Dynamic Website Design - Search Engine Promotion
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet - ICQ: 51907738 - e:george@zettai.net