[Zope] complex property types

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 20:22:32 +0100

Jerome Alet wrote at 2003-2-9 22:15 +0100:
 > I'd want to add properties to a bunch of existing Zope objects, but
 > these properties are in the form of nested mappings.
 >
 > Is there a possibility to do so with or without (by program) the ZMI
 > ?
 >
 > I plan to store this as a string of text and evaluate it at runtime,
 > but this is far from being optimal or easily maintainable.
 >
 > any idea ?
Zope does not yet have management pages for mappings.
But, of course, you can create them.

When you implement the nested mappings with persistent classes
(e.g. "PersistentMapping" or a "BTrees" class), then storing
them should be painless. With normal dictionaries, you
should not forget to inform the parent object about changes.

Dieter