[Zope] Trying to change the root of the tree using the name attribute of the dtml-tree tag

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 20:49:30 +0100

Asad Habib wrote at 2003-2-10 07:47 -0800:
 > I am trying to change the root of the tree
 > using a variable which is initialized using the
 > REQUEST.set method. However, the root does not change
 > and remains the default which in this case is the root
 > folder. I have provided my code below. This code
 > resides in a DTML method which is called when a form
 > in a DTML document is submitted. Any help would be
 > greatly appreciated.
 >
 > -Asad
 >

 > <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('testFolder',
 > REQUEST.form['folderName'])">
 >
 > <dtml-tree branches_expr="objectValues('Folder')"
 > name="testFolder" skip_unauthorized>
 >       <dtml-var getId>
 > </dtml-tree>

The object argument to "dtml-tree" should be an object not a string ...

  However, I would expect you get an exception or nothing
  when this were the only error.

  Can a folder "testFolder" be acquired (accidentally)?
  Acquisition comes before REQUEST lookup.

Dieter