[Zope] How do I import packages/modules from Products?

Sean K getmejazzed@yahoo.com
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 20:54:30 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I want to make ZCatalog an attribute of a product. The
product is a subclass of folder, and I could add a
ZCatalog in the product's constructor  with  something
 like this
object.manage_addProduct['ZCatalog'].manage_addZcatalog(id="zc1")

however an attribute will not show up in the contents
tab of the product and will not be tampered with.

I have tried to import ZCatalog into my product, but a
look at the path from my product shows that
zope/lib/python/products is not in the path. I do not
want to tamper with the path without advice - ie. is
there security reasons for not adding products to the
path?

Is there another way of importing it (maybe a
conveniance method) that will allow me to import it
without manually changing the path?

Thanks in advance

Sean Kemplay