[Zope] Sizing a zope server

Matt Burleigh matt@mattburleigh.com
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 13:45:00 -0500

Fraser Campbell wrote:

>Hi,
>I plan to setup an apache/zope server for virtual hosting in an ISP
>environment.  Are there any good docs outlining resource requirements of
>zope?
>
>Using ZODB it looks (from my initial foray) as if all data is stored in the
>file Data.fs.  If Data.fs grows to 1/2 GB will my zope server still function?
>What if things grow to 2 GB?
>
>Thanks!

Zope is not a speed demon. You would fair better by putting Squid in
front of Zope.

I have seen 17GB data.fs's with no appreciate able degradation. It is
wise to keep it smaller than this.  Make sure Python and the OS is
compatible with going over the 2GB limit. Python requires compile-time
configuration parameters to allow it to handle files over 2GB.

- Matt