[Zope] What if I suddenly delete Data.fs ?

Garikoitz Araolaza garaolaza@codesyntax.com
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 11:27:35 +0100

Hi!

I'm in Zope for more than 2 years, but It never happened to me. I was
cleaning my var/ directory in my production Linux RH with ext2 box and
trying to delete Data.fs.old, I deleted Data.fs.  ( ough!!! )

The system asked me if I was sure, and I said Yes! (is there anybody that
thinks twice before pressing the Y key?)

Fortunately I should have a backup from yesterday that I'm trying to
recover (it will last a bit...), but the system is still running. I did a
.zexp export of 250 Mb just in the case... and it worked! Great!!

Why? The data must be somewhere, what points me that maybe, there is still
a chance to get the file back. (I haven't restarted the ZServer...)

Any hint?  Or... I'd better leave it alone and replace it with my backup
copy? (I'm not root in the machine, maybe he could do something?)

Thanks!

Gari

Garikoitz Araolaza
Code&Syntax