[Zope] Re: Java re-invents DTML :-)

Ausum Studio ausum_studio@hotmail.com
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 07:58:24 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Withers" <chrisw@nipltd.com>
To: "Ausum Studio" <ausum_studio@hotmail.com>
Cc: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2003 7:13 AM
Subject: Re: [Zope] Re: Java re-invents DTML :-)

> [keep stuff on the list]

Fine by me, just need to say that you'd started the private emailing, and
that I wasn't aware that after the first one, you CC the next. So I'm
resending that one to the list.

> Ausum Studio wrote:
> >>You shouldn't need to learn two templating languages and a scripting
> > language
> >>just to use one web framework ;-)
> >
> > Talking seriously, after all this time of watching things going by,
I've
> > come to think that by having both languages we have an advantage over
the
> > competition.
> (...)
> > When you have the time, I'd appreciate that you take a look at
CMFPortlet's
> > code,
>
> Nah, I'm just interested in stopping new Zope users being conned into
thinking
> DTML is useful for anything. I'd also like to see Zope down to one
templating
> and one scripting language.

Then why to politely ask for examples in a private email? Give me a break!
I'm not interested in preventing you from "stopping new Zope users being
conned into thinking DTML is useful for anything". Just to seize the right
tool (language) for the job.

Cheers,

Ausum