[Zope] ZCatalog and SiteRoot Not Getting Along

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 20:13:41 +0100

Edward Pollard wrote at 2003-2-13 15:33 -0700:
 > Previously I came to the list with a problem of entries in the ZCatalog
 > going away when I hit the "Update" button in the Catalog "Advanced" tab
 > (Subj: [Zope] ZCatalog - Full Update Deletes Valid Entries).
 >
 > Well, I figured that the problem is caused by the presence of a
 > SiteRoot. (I develop on a server without a siteroot, thus the problem
 > did not arise in development.) I'm resubmitting this problem so that
 > perhaps someone with greater wisdom than I can set me on the right path
Looks like your ZClass uses "ZCatalogAware" (which still has problems
with virtual hosting). The "ZCatalogPathAware" base class should solve
the problem.

However, I know this only from reading the mailing list and
did nothing myself in this direction.

Searching the mailing list archives can give you more direct
information...

Dieter