[Zope] Versions problem in 2.6.1

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 20:26:16 +0100

Tom Emerson wrote at 2003-2-14 09:10 -0500:
 > I am seeing a problem in Zope 2.6.1, freebsd4, Python 2.1.3 (with
 > thread patch) when using versions. I have modified objects that ZMI
 > thinks are locked (they show the red-diamond when I'm working in the
 > version, and the red-diamon / padlock when I'm not), even though I
 > saved those changes, with a comment, from the Version management
 > panel. Indeed, I cannot save the changes from the Version ZMI: it says
 > there are no unsaved versions. Yet Zope thinks there are unsaved
 > versions, as witnessed by the presence of the lock icon when I working
 > in the version. The Version undo panel shows my saved versions!
 > Evidently there is a disconnect here somewhere.
I have seen thinks like this, too.

It happens when your browser sends the version cookie (its called
something like "ZopeVersion"). Ensure, no cookies of similar
name are send to Zope and see whether the problem disappears.

The "version management" in "Control_Panel" is a reliable source
of information about versions and how to save/quit them.

Dieter